Sādhanā – Yogaḥ Philosophy
** This is the self-study version of the annual live group course starting in the Spring of every year. **
Sādhanā (Sanskrit साधना), is a discipline undertaken in the pursuit of a goal. It is a generic term coming from ancient tradition and it refers to any spiritual practice aimed at progressing the sādhaka (seeker, practitioner) towards the very ultimate expression of his or her life in this reality: the state of Yogaḥ. This what we delve into with you in this course.
Whether you already have an existing ‘Sādhanā‘ or whether you’d like to enrich yours with a deep perspective and mentoring, this is the course for you. The modules you find here also feature in our Yoga Teacher Training of 200 hours, which includes certification, a two-week retreat to India and becoming part of the Brahmrishi teacher register.
What will you learn?
This programme is a transformational journey within yourself, a process which translates Yogaḥ philosophy into your everyday life. With the guidance of world class teachers: Divya Prabha (formerly known as Lucy Guest) and Irene van der Post, throughout this guided process you will:
- Manifest this knowledge within yourself through these ancient practices, rather than merely imparting knowledge or information for you to take in.
- Experience and understand the fundamentals of Yogaḥ.
- Comprehend the key aspects of Mahayogaḥ: the combination of Haṭhayogaḥ, Mantrayogaḥ, Layayogaḥ & Rajayogaḥ.
- Understand the 8 limbs of Yogaḥ and how to apply them to your life.
- Gain a better understanding about life and how to live peacefully in society.
- Get closer to your true Self, understand what you want and clarify your life goals.
- Gain tools and skills that will help you keep improving your practice for the long term, as your classes are a reflection of your personal practice.
- Gain more peace of mind whilst developing Self-trust and intuition.
Suggested donation for this course is 180 EURO. Click on the price to convert to your currency. Also please see our financial philosophy page for more information, where we explain that this suggested donation should not be an unsurmountable obstacle for sincere seekers; there are some (of our in-house) scholarships available to be applied for.
We also offer people residing in India (with an Indian bank account and phone number) a special rate please contact us on email@example.com.
- This course (materials)
- 9 recorded webinars
- Lifetime mentoring by the teachers
- 10% discount on our yoga retreats
- 1:1 session with one or both of the teachers after completion of your course
- 3 months access to unlimited yoga classes of your choice following enrolment.
What happens when you register?
- As soon as you sign up for this course, all materials will become available for you to study immediately.
- Please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org once you have completed your course and to request your private mentoring session.
This course can be enjoyed as stand-alone or as the theoretical foundation of our Yoga Teacher Training program, which consists of three pillars:
- Sādhanā – Yogaḥ philosophy (this online course).
- Your personal sādhanā at home, consisting of e.g. āsanam, prāṇāyāmaḥ and meditation practice (with mentoring by our teachers on demand).
- A 14-day Yoga retreat in the Himalayas, India.
The YTT elements at a later stage for a pro-rata fee.
We would love to hear from you!