Sādhanā – Yogaḥ Philosophy
** The live sessions of this course are now completed. Students will continue to have access to the materials below.
This course is available and suitable for self-study – please click here for access. A new live course is scheduled starting Spring 2022, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to register your interest or receive more information. **
Sādhanā (Sanskrit साधना), is a discipline undertaken in the pursuit of a goal. It is a generic term coming from ancient tradition and it refers to any spiritual practice aimed at progressing the sādhaka (seeker, practitioner) towards the very ultimate expression of his or her life in this reality: the state of Yogaḥ. This what we delve into with you in this course.
Whether you already have an existing ‘Sādhanā‘ or whether you’d like to enrich yours with a deep perspective, mentoring and a group to do this with, this is the course for you. The modules you find here also feature in our Yoga Teacher Training of 200 hours, which includes certification, a two-week retreat to India and becoming part of the Brahmrishi teacher register.
What will you learn?
This programme is a transformational journey within yourself, a process which translates Yogaḥ philosophy into your everyday life. With the guidance of world class teachers: Divya Prabha (formerly known as Lucy Guest) and Irene van der Post, throughout this guided process you will:
- Manifest this knowledge within yourself through these ancient practices, rather than merely imparting knowledge or information for you to take in.
- Experience and understand the fundamentals of Yogaḥ.
- Comprehend the key aspects of Mahayogaḥ: the combination of Haṭhayogaḥ, Mantrayogaḥ, Layayogaḥ & Rajayogaḥ.
- Understand the 8 limbs of Yogaḥ and how to apply them to your life.
- Gain a better understanding about life and how to live peacefully in society.
- Get closer to your true Self, understand what you want and clarify your life goals.
- Gain tools and skills that will help you keep improving your practice for the long term, as your classes are a reflection of your personal practice.
- Gain more peace of mind whilst developing Self-trust and intuition.
Suggested donation for this course is 250 EURO. Click on the price to convert to your currency. Also please see our financial philosophy page for more information, where we explain that this suggested donation should not be an unsurmountable obstacle for sincere seekers; there are some (of our in-house) scholarships available to be applied for.
We also offer people residing in India (with an Indian bank account and phone number) a direct Indian donation link here and the suggested donation is 5400 INR. In order to get access, please contact us directly with your donation screenshot so we can send you an email link to your course. It will take a day or two for one of our team to send you a unique voucher code.
- This course (materials)
- 9 live webinars
- Access to your study group platform
- Lifetime mentoring by the teachers
- 10% discount on our yoga retreats
- 1:1 session with one or both of the teachers after completion of your course
- Free access to unlimited yoga classes of your choice throughout the duration of this course.
What happens when you register?
- As soon as you sign up for this course, the first module will unlock for you so that you can immediately start your course. Then as the course progresses, modules are released fortnightly.
- Bi-weekly webinars starting on Sunday the 11th of July in which: you will be able to connect to the group, join in the discussion about the module with ample space for questions and enjoy the guided group meditation at the end.
- A 1:1 session to conclude your course or..
- If you’ve opted for this course as part of our yoga teacher training programme, the two-week retreat to India will complete your course. Due to COVID, the next retreat date is still to be defined, but will likely be April/May 2022
Webinar dates (duration 2 hours):
- Sunday the 11th of July – at 14:00 pm GMT/BST, 15:00 pm CEST (Paris, Amsterdam), 09:00 am US (NY) and 18:30 pm India (time zone converter)
- 25th July
- 8th August
- 22nd August
- 5th September
- 19th September
- 3rd October
- 17th October
- 31st October onwards – individual session with the teachers – to be scheduled based on your agenda.
For our friends in Australia & New Zealand, Divya Prabha will hold a one-hour q&a session based on the recorded US/European time-zone webinar. Dates and times as follows:
- Sunday 18th of July at 13:30 pm India, 18:00 pm Melbourne, 20:00 pm Queenstown.
- 1st August
- 15th August
- 29th August
- 12th September
- 26th September
- 10th October
- 24th October
In case you’re absent for any of these, the recordings will be posted in the course so you can listen/watch them when and as often as you like.
This course can be enjoyed as stand-alone or as the theoretical foundation of our Yoga Teacher Training program, which consists of three pillars:
- Sādhanā – Yogaḥ philosophy (this online course).
- Your personal sādhanā at home, consisting of e.g. āsanam, prāṇāyāmaḥ and meditation practice (with mentoring by our teachers on demand).
- A 14-day Yoga retreat in the Himalayas, India.
The YTT elements at a later stage for a pro-rata fee.
We would love to hear from you!