Pāṇini Grammar (Dec 2019)
*This course is now closed to new enrollees.*
This free course starts with an introduction into the field of grammar and it’s history. It is designed to then be a step by step guide to Pāṇini grammar.
During this course you will get an entire overview of all the different sections of the Asthadhyayi and by the end of the course you will be familiar with:
- The six different kinds of sutras
- Padcheda technique
- Adhikara and Anuvritti
- Extracting the meaning of a sutra using the aforementioned points to form the vritti
You will also become familiar with doing Siddhis (proof):
- Verbs of all 10 ganas and 10 tenses
- Words; karaka and vibhakti
- Krt, taddhita and stri pratyayas
- Other core grammar subjects
The prerequisite for the Pāṇini course is to be familiar with and be able to recognise the vibhaktis, lakaras and have general knowledge of Sanskrit.
If you aren’t we suggest you enrol on our Sanskrit Shiksha course. Whilst we would never exclude anyone from attending these classes, it is easier if you have this base knowledge.